The Community Services Department of the Ottawa East Seventh Day Adventist Church works to address the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of Overbrook-McArthur, the place we call home. Using the principles of social responsibility and community partnership, we work collaboratively with other community agencies and groups such as Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) to alleviate suffering and allow our neighbours to experience a real sense of belonging. Our belief in individual dignity and our strong sense of community determines our focus and drives our efforts.
Outreach activities include:
- Overbrook Performers Night & Community Dinner – Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Overbrook Community Centre, 33 Quill St. Take a peek
- Sewing Classes – call for information on upcoming classes. Look here
- Computer and Literacy classes – call for information on upcoming classes
- Cooking Classes – call for information on upcoming classes
- Community Bike Clinic – Sunday, June 14, 2015. Take a peek
For volunteer opportunities, to donate or simply join us, please call: (613) 406-5483 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org