The Ottawa East Communication Department is committed to communicating the mission and witness of the church using the resources God has put at our disposal. We exist to promote the work of the local and world church using print, radio, and social media resources.
The Communication Department is responsible for the gathering and dissemination of news. It handles matters in relation to (Print, Broadcast (Radio & TV), direct and electronic mail, Audio, CD, DVD and Video production). The department is responsible for the design, management and effectiveness of this website.
The Role of the Local Church Communication Department:
- Makes sure the church can be found in the Seventh-day Adventist Church directories.
- Takes photos or arranges for photo coverage of church activities
- Reports church activities to the secular press.
- Helps with special events, giving special attention to the public relations aspects
- Serves as a source of information about the church for the communication media.
- Consults with pastor and departmental leaders of the church before reporting on matters in which they are involved.
- Covers church activities for radio and television News.
- Public service announcements of church programmes.
- Encourages members to participate in the online life of the church via Facebook
- Encourages or promotes evangelism in the church.
- Guides departmental leaders and church members to internet resources which will be helpful to them.
“We must take every justifiable means to bring the light before the people. Let the press be utilized and let every advertising agency be employed that will call attention to the work” Testimonies, vol.6, p.36.
We welcome your feedback – feel free to send comments and questions to our Communication Team. Email us at email@example.com